Light vehicle international operations
Movement of goods in / out of the UK using VANS or CAR and trailers from 21 May 2022
This will apply to you if you’re based in uk and use:
- vans or other light goods vehicles
- vans towing trailers
- cars towing trailers
The new rules apply to you if you use:
- Vans over 2,500kg (2.5 tonnes) and up to and including 3,500kg (3.5 tonnes)
- Vans towing a trailer with a gross train weight (GTW) (Combination) over 2.5 tonnes and up to and including 3.5 tonnes
- cars towing a trailer with a GTW over 2.5 tonnes and up to and including 3.5 tonnes
You’ll need to either:
- Acquire a goods vehicle operator licence
- OR add the vehicles to your current goods vehicle operator licence.
If you are unsure if this will apply to you or your company, contact OLMC ant we can explain the new
If you do not have a Goods Vehicle Operator Licence, contact OLMC so they can start your
application as soon as this “light vehicle operator licence” can be applied for.